Of the Radio Amateur Emergency Service A.R.E.S.
The Opening Clause
The Radio Amateur Emergency Service A.R.E.S. represents the system of measures being applied by the Slovak Radio Amateur Association (hereinafter called „SZR“) for securing the radio communication by means of radio amateur equipment in emergency situations. Activation of the Radio Amateur Emergency Service A.R.E.S. takes place exclusively in favour of community self-administration as well as of the state administration within the „Integrated Rescue System“ in case of occurance of emergency situations. If not otherwise stipulated, the radio amateur stations will be active on radio amateur frequency bands. During operation excercises the radio amateur communication rules must be observed.
The Organisation A.R.E.S.
In order to provide the fulfillment of the A.R.E.S. tasks, the following bodies will become active:
1. The A.R.E.S. - Coordination Centre (hereinafter called „CC“)
The CC consists of:
a) The A.R.E.S. - Chairman ,
b) The regional coordinators,
c) The CC – radiostation operator(s).
2. The A.R.E.S. - Regional Coordination Centres (hereinafter called „RCC“)
The RCC consists of:
a) The Regional RCC-coordinator,
b) The RCC radiostation operator(s).
The Tasks of the Coordination Centre
The Coordination Centre:
a) co-operates with the bodies of the state administration in providing the communication during extreme events and in accordance with the valid legislation,
b) elaborates necessary details for securing the communication within the A.R.E.S. radiocommunication network,
c) methodically regulates the Regional Coordination Centres,
d) coordinates the cooperation of the regional Coordinators in rendering of help in emergency between particular regions,
e) provides for radiocommunication of A.R.E.S. members within the international help and humanitary cooperation.
The Tasks of the Regional Coordination Centre
The Regional Coordination Centre:
a) cooperates with bodies and organisations within the regional activity in providing for radio comunication during emergency situation and in harmony with the valid legislation,
b) manages, organizes and provides for radio communication within the particular region by means of radio amateur equipment during the emergency situations,
c) elaborates the conception of the organisation and development of the RCC´s.
The A.R.E.S. Chairman
1. The position of the A.R.E.S. chairman has been performed by a radioham being a member of the SZR.
2. The SZR Presidium approves and withdraws the A.R.E.S. chairman.
3. The A.R.E.S. chairman:
a) has been responsible for the activity of the CC to the SZR Presidium,
b) manages the activity of the CC and summons its sessions,
c) submits proposals and initiatives from the CC field of activity to the Presidium,
d) submits the regional coordinators for approval to the SZR -Presidium and issues authorisation for represnting the ARES for negotiations with the regional authorities.
e) informs the Presidium about the CC activity results.
Operating the CC radiostation
1. The operating staff of CC radiostation (hereinafter called „OS CC“) will be appointed and withdrawn by the A.R.E.S. chairman. If necessary, and for the time inevitably needed during occurance of emergency situations as well as in accordance with the valid legislation, the operator(s) of the CC can become also other person(s).
2. The OS CC will be responsible for the activity to the A.R.E.S. chairman.
3. The OS CC will provide for the radiocommunication in accordance with the ARS licence conditions.
4. In case of need, the OS CC provides coordinated communication with bodies and organisations.
5. For providing of radiocommunication within the A.R.E.S radio network for CC and RCC the radioham´s call signs allotted by the Telecommunication Authority of the Slovak Republic will be used.
6. If not stipulated otherwise, the OS CC will provide for the radiocommunication according to the A.R.E.S. radiocommunication plans.
7. Within the A.R.E.S., the OS CC will be the Master station.
8. The OS CC will be obliged to exert all possible efforts in receiving, or transmitting of messages.
9. The OS CC will be obliged to provide for delivering of the received message to the addressee within the limits of given possibilities.
The Regional Coordinator of the RCC
1. The position of the regional RCC coordinator has been performed by a radioham – a member of the Slovak Radio Amateur Radio Association (SARA).
2. Based on the proposal of the ARES-Chairman the SZR - Presidium approves and recalls the regional coordinator.
3. The regional coordinator of the Regional Coordination Centre performs folowing activities:
a) will be responsible for the RCC activity
b) administrates the RCC activity and summons its meetings
c) in accordance with the nature of the discussed items, based on proposal of any RCC member, the regional coordinator can invite also other persons to the meeting
d) submits proposals and suggestions from the field of RCC activity to the Coordination Centre
e) administrates the A.R.E.S members evidence in the respective region
f) informs the Coordination Centre about the results of the RCC.
The A.R.E.S. Member
1. A member of the A.R.E.S. can become a radioham, willing to cooperate in fulfilling of the A.R.E.S. tasks
2. The A.R.E.S. member willl be obliged to observe the A.R.E.S. rules
3. The ARES member will be responsible for the activity in fulfillment of tasks within the frame of ARES and will be subordinated to the regional coordinator of the Regional Coordination Centre, or to the ARES-Chairman
4. The A.R.E.S – member will have the right to take part in the RCC meetings.
The RCC radiostation operators
1. The RCC – radiostation operators (hereinafter called „OR“) can be radio hams, willing to cooperate in fulfillment of A.R.E.S. tasks.
2. The radiostation operators (hereinafter called „OR“) will be appointed and withdrawn by the regional coordinator. In case of need and for the time, inevitably necessary for managing the emergency situations and in accordance with the valid legislation, this radiostation can be operated also by any other suitable person.
3. The OR will be responsible for the activity being subordinated to the RCC coordinator.
4. The OR will carry out radiocommunication in accordance with the licence conditions of ARS.
5. In case of need, the OR will provide for a coordinated communication with other bodies and organisations.
6. For purposes of communication within the A.R.E.S radio network for the CC and RCC, radio amateur call signs being allotted by the Telecommunication Authority of the Slovak Republic will be used.
7. If not stipulated otherwise, the OR provides for communication in accordance with the A.R.E.S - communication plan.
8. For the purpose of receiving, or sending a particular message, the OR will be obliged to exert maximum efforts.
9. The OR will be obliged to ensure the delivery of the received message to the addressee.
Reimbursement of Expenses
1. Reimbursement of expenses incurred by the CC -members in connection with performance of their positions, their presence in meetings, courses etc., as well as their organising and material needs of the CC radiostation, will be paid from the budget moneys of the SZR based on approval of the SZR-Presidium.
2. Reimbursement of expenses incurred by the RCC members in connection with performance of their positions, their presence in meetings, sessions, courses etc., and organising, as well as the material needs of the RCC radiostation will be paid from the budget moneys of the RCC, Regional Authorities, Superior Regional Authorities, dotations, donors´ contributions and gifts.
1. This Statute was approved on the session of the SZR – Presidium on Nov. 16th 2006 and entered into force by the same day.